So back in 2011 and 2012, I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by two bloggers. I responded to both of them, saying that I was honored they thought to give me this award. That’s the good part. The bad part is that it’s taken me the better part of two years to actually getting around to what the award entails.
Second, I’m supposed to list 15 blogs I like/regularly follow. I don’t know that I regularly follow that many, but here are a few I really like and regularly comment on:
Don Miller’s Storyline Blog
Tara Anderson’s The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say Shh!
Sarah Clare’s Behind on Books
Allie Brosh’s Hyperbole and a Half
Dave Williams’s Zooky World
(5 out of 15 ain’t bad, right?)
Lastly, I need to list 7 things about myself:
1. I think I overuse the word “anyhoo” when I write. I know I overuse the word “awesome” when I talk AND write.
2. When I was little, I wanted to be a mermaid when I grew up. I still do….
3. I think proper grammar is sexy (this includes the serial comma).
4. I’m a big sci fi nerd. Doctor Who, Battlestar Galactica, Farscape, Supernatural. Love it! (Haven’t gotten to Stargate yet, but I will.)
5. I hadn’t seen the movie The Goonies until last year (Stop judging me! I feel those stares…)
6. I love ice cream and milkshakes.
7. After some years of denial, I must admit that red is my favorite color, followed closely by midnight blue and black.
Thanks again for the award! Now ends my acceptance speech.